CAO online applications are now open. Students who wish to apply for full time undergraduate study in the Republic of Ireland must apply via CAO by the 1st February 2021.
- List your courses in genuine order of preference.
- Check that you meet the minimum entry requirements for your selected courses.
- Add courses to your Level 7/6 list aswell as your Level 8 list.
- Research your courses carefully taking note of the course content and other information provide on the colleges’ websites and in their prospectuses.
- Attend the various virtual open days for colleges that you are interested in.
- Take note of restrictions outlined on page 3 of the CAO Handbook.
- Contact the Centre’s Guidance Counsellor for a copy of the CAO Handbook or for assistance with your application.
Please note the following important CAO dates:
- 20th of January 2021 – Discounted application fee of €30 ends
- 1st of February 2021 – Normal closing date for applications
- 5th of February 2021 – Online facility to amend course choices becomes available (€10 fee)
- 1st of March 2021 – Closing date of completion of Mature Applicant section of CAO
- Early July 2021 – Round A offers for certain categories of applicant e.g. mature, deferral
More information on CAO applications can be found at www.cao.ie