Abbeyleix Further Education and Training Centre are offering a selection of Free courses beginning January 2023.
Open to all learners regardless of life experience and education these free courses are available part time at QQI Level 4 to 6. The courses are designed to offer a a flexible opportunity to anyone interested in updating their skills or starting their educational journey.
The programme is designed to give anyone a second chance at an educational qualification that could lead to progression and development onto further education and eventually higher education. The course modules have been created to help learners begin their journey to their first or new career opportunity.
*Starting week commencing 16th January 2023 for 13 weeks
- Level 5 Accounting – Monday 11:00am to 3:30pm
- Level 5 Databases – Wednesday 1:30pm to 3:30pm and Friday 11:00am to 1pm
- Level 5 Business Administration – Wednesday 11:00am to 1:00pm and Thursday 1:30pm to 3:30pm
- Level 6 Applied Economics – Tuesday 9:00am to 11:00am and Friday 10:00am to 1:00pm
- Level 6 Finance – Wednesday 10:am to 3:30pm
- Level 6 Business Management – Monday 11:00am to 1:00pm and Tuesday 11:00am to 1:00pm
*Starting 10th January 2023 for 14 weeks
- Level 5 Intellectual Disability Studies – Tuesday 9:00am to 1:00pm
*Starting 19th January 2023 for 13 weeks
- Level 4 Word Processing – Thursdasy 9:00am to 12:00pm
*Starting 18th January 2023 for 13 weeks
- Level 3 Internet Skills – Wednesday 6:30pm to 9:00pm (*Please contact Carmel Fletcher to register for this evening class on 0578661890.)
And the best news is the courses are free.
There are no registration or tuition fees payable to Abbeyleix Further Education and Training Centre.
However please note there could be a cost of approximately €100 for course materials, depending on the course content.
Did we mention the icing on the cake, Free Transport?
Free private bus transport is available from Portlaoise, Mountmellick, Portarlington, Rathdowney and Mountrath (*Transport is not available for evening classes)
Students with their own transport are provided with free parking in the student car park at the rear of the Centre.