Return To Learning with Business and IT QQI Level 4 Course Code: 4M2010
Fetchcourses.ie Reference: 345163
This course is suitable for early school leavers, or those returning to education who would like to explore further study options. Learners may wish to gain a qualification but may not have decided on their area of interest. This learning opportunity is designed to link to further studies at QQI Level 5.
WHAT DOES THIS COURSE OFFER?
- Class sizes are small, and learners receive regular feedback on how they are progressing
- Additional one-to-one support is available.
- The course covers a broad range of modules.
- This course is a great foundation for further studies at QQI Level 5.
- Applicants must be over 18 years.
- Abbeyleix FETC (Further Education and Training Centre) welcomes applications from mature students.
- Applicants are assessed on relevant life and work experience.
- Applicants are required to complete an interview and online assessment before commencing a course.
- The assessment confirms if the applicant has the required level of English and Math’s to complete a Level 4 course.
WHAT WILL I STUDY (MODULES)?
BUSINESS AND IT OPTION
Information Technology Skills | Word Processing | Spreadsheets | General Office Skills.
*In addition to options such as:
Communications | Mathematics | Personal Effectiveness | Work Experience | Upholstery | Pyrography | Room Design | Painting
*Subject to change
COURSE DURATION & FREQUENCY
1 academic year full time – 5 days per week.
Part-time Options available.
Successful completion of the Level 4 award links to further studies at QQI Level 5.
*Places are not guaranteed on these courses and entry is subject to students meeting certain criteria e.g. completion of a Level 4 award, excellent attendance and participation on the course, meeting specific course entry requirements.
There are no registration or tuition fees payable to Abbeyleix Further Education and Training Centre. However please note cost of materials is approximately €100.
Free private bus transport is available from Portlaoise, Mountmellick, Portarlington, Rathdowney and Mountrath.
Students with their own transport are provided with free parking in the student car park at the rear of the Centre.
VTOS/PLC places are available on the course (please contact the Centre for further information). The range of financial support available to students includes: Student Maintenance Grant (SUSI) and the Back to Education Allowance. For further information click on HEA Student Finance and SUSI
*Laois and Offaly Education and Training Board reserves the right to refuse course admission and/or completion.
Certificate in General Learning Level 4
Start Date: September 2022
End Date: June 2023
- Study Room
- Free Parking
- Disabled Parking
Helen Kavanagh, Centre Manager
Centre Opening Times
Read what our past students have to say about their experience with the General Studies Level 4 course at Abbeyleix FETC