401919 - LANDSCAPE CONSTRUCTION AND MAINTENANCE 5N1908 (MODULE ON HORTICULTURE 5M2586)
This programme module aims to provide the learner with the knowledge, skills and competence to to work under supervision or as a valid team member in the landscape construction and maintenance industry.
This programme module will be offered as a standalone module leading to certification in a QQI Level 5 component award. This module may also be used as 15 credits towards a QQI Level 5 Horticulture Award (5M2586).
WHAT DOES THIS COURSE OFFER?
- Class sizes are small, and learners receive regular feedback on how they are progressing
- Additional one-to-one support is available.
- This course is a great foundation for further studies at QQI Level 5.
- Education: NFQ Level 4 or equivalent when accessing a Level 5 programme. CERFL proficiency at B2 for access to Level 5 courses for those whose first language is not English Mature learner entry requirements available via the local ETB pathway Additional requirements may apply to non-EU/EEA Applicants and may be subject to full international fees (Please refer to Information for International Learners) *Each provider may have additional requirements, not outlined above.
- Aptitude: Applicants must have a motivation to learn, an interest in the subject and the ability to acquire the knowledge, skills and competencies set out in the course
- Previous Experience: Applicants must be able to demonstrate a moderate range of knowledge, skills and competencies relevant to the course, be able to work with responsibility and demonstrate the ability to work on their own initiative.
COURSE DURATION & FREQUENCY
- 1 Year Part-time – 2.5 hours a week.
- Fridays 2:00pm to 4:30pm.
- Beginning September 2023.
|Landscape Construction And Maintenance
|Landscape Construction & Maintenance (5N1908)
On completion of this programme learners will have the skills, knowledge and competencies to undertake horticulture operations independently under direction in a range of fields.
Classes are scheduled to be delivered on-site and timetabled over 1 afternoon. Abbeyleix Further Education and Training Centre provides a friendly and supportive learning environment with experienced tutors. There are no tuition fees.
Horticulture Level 5
Start Date: 11/09/2023
End Date: 31/05/2024
Duration: 37 weeks
- Study Room
- Free Parking
- Disabled Parking
Helen Kavanagh, Centre Manager
Centre Opening Times
Read what our past students have to say about their experience with the General Studies Level 4 course at Abbeyleix FETC