401917 - GARDEN DESIGN 5N2551 (MODULE ON HORTICULTURE 5M2586)
This programme module aims to provide the learner with the knowledge, skills and competence to design simple garden plans using basic design principles. Learners will be encouraged to develop their own style while producing a range of standard design drawings suitable for presentation purposes.
This programme module will be offered as a standalone module leading to certification in a QQI Level 5 component award. This module may also be used as 15 credits towards a QQI Level 5 Horticulture QQI Level 5 Award (5M2586).
WHAT DOES THIS COURSE OFFER?
- Class sizes are small, and learners receive regular feedback on how they are progressing
- Additional one-to-one support is available.
- This course is a great foundation for further studies at QQI Level 5.
- Education: NFQ Level 4 or equivalent when accessing a Level 5 programme. CERFL proficiency at B2 for access to Level 5 courses for those whose first language is not English Mature learner entry requirements available via the local ETB pathway Additional requirements may apply to non-EU/EEA Applicants and may be subject to full international fees (Please refer to Information for International Learners) *Each provider may have additional requirements, not outlined above.
- Aptitude: Applicants must have a motivation to learn, an interest in the subject and the ability to acquire the knowledge, skills and competencies set out in the course
- Previous Experience: Applicants must be able to demonstrate a moderate range of knowledge, skills and competencies relevant to the course, be able to work with responsibility and demonstrate the ability to work on their own initiative.
COURSE DURATION & FREQUENCY
- 1 Year Part-time – 2.5 hours a week.
- Fridays 11:am to 1:30pm.
- Beginning September 2023.
|Garden Design||Garden Design (5N2551)||QQI|
On completion of this programme learners will have the skills, knowledge and competencies to undertake horticulture operations independently under direction in a range of fields.
Classes are scheduled to be delivered on-site and timetabled over 1 afternoon. Abbeyleix Further Education and Training Centre provides a friendly and supportive learning environment with experienced tutors. There are no tuition fees.
Horticulture Level 5
Start Date: 11/09/2023
End Date: 31/05/2024
Duration: 37 weeks
- Study Room
- Free Parking
- Disabled Parking
Helen Kavanagh, Centre Manager
Centre Opening Times
Read what our past students have to say about their experience with the General Studies Level 4 course at Abbeyleix FETC